blog see our posts
Paper Dungeons Puzzle Dungeon CrawlingPaper Dungeons is a 2D Puzzle RPG, boosted by online content. With the ability to create and share online your own levels, you are up for an infinite replay value. The game is visualized as a classic tabletop board game structured like a dungeon crawling game with a puzzle component. You can destroy walls and auto-heal as you uncover new dungeon tiles, with 3 different and originals gameplays: ADVENTURE, PUZZLE and ROGUE. The game will be multiplatform for Mac, PC and Linux. Even if the game presents some online features, you can still play offline. High resolution support with native 1080p graphics.
I’ve always wanted to create a never ending dungeon crawling game.For example, I loved Dungeon Master when I was young, but what I preferred by far was Captive and its procedural levels, where, after you beat the game, you could still fly to another planet and continue on a new adventure, and so on. The problem with these procedurals levels is that they can quickly become too repetitive and boring. But what if you had at your disposal a really intuitive level editor to create and tell your own story? What if you also had instant access to all the dungeons created by other people on Earth? On a classic pen and paper role playing game, I personally always enjoyed this moment when I had to quickly draw some dungeon rooms and throw in my players to challenge them with some new traps and monsters.Paper Dungeons was born from this basic idea: a simple dungeon level, drawn on screen, and strong tactical rules where you have to beat the higher monster to win the challenge. Monsters hit hard, but you get some heals each time you uncover a new tile. If you need direct access to new parts of the dungeon, you can even destroy walls but at great life cost. Fortunately, you can ease your journey with some items, spells and bonuses dispatched around the map. Don’t forget to seek protection from a Deity, or to visit the store to equip your character. Monsters are all neutral and will only advance towards you if you engage them in a fight.ADVENTURE GAMEThe unexplored parts of the dungeons are hidden. Monsters and Items are placed at random and combats results are based on your statistics and dice rolls. An awareness system move the monsters towards you if you are close to them. You have to strategize your moves and you can still dig up the walls to get out of sight of an awaken monster. You can also distribute your attribute points when you level up. The damages are mitigated by 2d6 dice (1 for damages and 1 for effects). You will be able to unlock different sets of dice (common/ uncommon/ rare & epic) and monsters will use them too. PUZZLE GAME Hard-core campaign levels with no place for luck. You see in advance what awaits you and have to strategize all your moves. The monsters are here statics and don’t move towards you. ROGUE GAME An advanced RPG mode where your character doesn’t reset at each dungeon and you keep leveling up until you meet your demise. You will travel on a big map with 4 different regions with specific bosses and monsters.THE ONLINE LEVELSThese levels are created, rated and commented by the Paper Dungeons players’ community. At the beginning of the game, if you choose the Online levels option, you can browse all games posted on our server. You can filter them by rate, note, name, size or by several meaningful tags chosen by other players (RUBBISH, EASY, DIFFICULT, FUN, ARTSY, IMPOSSIBLE, MUST DO, etc…). Every time you’ve achieved an online level, the game will ask if you want to rate it, tag it or leave a comment, progressively contributing to sort these levels for the benefit of the community. Thank you.
- * 5 classes of character, male and female, with a unique gameplay – Different attack range / deities / damage type / power spells. (Warrior/Archer/Cleric/Mage/Thief).
- * 2 Visualization modes: Paper Style for high readability, and Board Style more aesthetic with nice colored tiles.
- * Collect dozens of different set of dices to ameliorate your characters.
- * A total of 84 different monsters! 6 base types (Basic / Elemental / Vampiric / Magical / Poisonous / Undead). Plus special hidden monsters (4 Mimic chests / 4 Acido-cubes) and the bosses (3 Dragons and the ultimate boss the Demon paper).
- * 3 sizes of dungeon (Small 14×10, Medium 24×20, Large 34×30) and 5 designs in paper style visualization, 2 different sets of tiles by zone in board style visualization.
- * 4 different starting regions:
- - Temperate lvl 1-20
- - Tropical lvl 21-40
- - Desert lvl 41-60
- - Volcanic lvl 61-80
- - Plus a special difficulty, The Void, much harder with new rewards and alternate color for the previous 84 monsters.
- * 8 special tiles: Walls (Hard walls – Wall of fire – Water), Floors (Combo door/key – Combo Teleporter / Divine ward / Magical Ward / Natural trap).
- * 3 zoom levels.
- * 125 levels in the campaign
- * An Editor mode, to create and share your levels online.
- * An Online Levels mode, to rate and play in any of the 3 Game modes with users’ created content. With a selected level, or within your list of 10 favorites levels or even directly with random online levels.
about us like us
Who we areAgent Mega is a two persons team. Our main vision is to create fun and original game. We are dedicated gamers ourselves, so gameplay always comes first.
Stephane Valverde:French programmer living in Laos since 2008. An avid Roleplayer and Gamer, I’ve been programming since I was 15 years old (1984!) on my old Amstrad CPC464 – Yup, the one with the tape recorder and the green screen… Passion never left me, so I decided to create my own indie game team : Agent MEGA, and unleash all those ideas I have!
Leslie Valverde:Game Artist fond of classic pen & paper projects, Paper Dungeons is my first venture into the digital world. Most graphics of this project are vector based, for a clear and fun, cartoonish but cute look, that’s been my style since my first doodles during our old Dungeons & Dragons sessions. My inspirations range from video games of the NEC-Megadrive-Famicom era to anime and mangakas love, with a strong background in French-Belgium comic books.
Meet the Agent Mega team
Stephane Valverde Programmer
Leslie Valverde Graphic Designer
Paper Dungeons [1.22] AchievementsHello everyone! Here we are with 25 Steam Achievements and a brand new campaign with a new potion to unlock! Fixed alot of small bugs that were mostly introduced during the last patch, finished with a dash of polish on the UI and optimizations with the new unity 5 engine… Check it out:
- 25 Steam Achievements.
- A new campaign: “The Four Idols”
- A new potion: Potion of wisdom restoring 100 piety points.
- When your Inventory is full, if you pick a new loot, it will no longer be destroyed but will stay on map.
- Game engine upgraded to Unity 5.
- Added the Achievement page in the Codex, to check your goals and follow your progression towards each achievement.
- Added a Blur effect on the backgrounds when opening a menu in game.
- Modified the Uncurse icon.
- Fixed wrong death menu in Rogue mode.
- Fixed choosing a new class not possible after a death in Rogue mode.
- Fixed NPC not dropping the proper rewards in Puzzle lvl31.
- Fixed Curse not showing on Character portrait when receiving a curse from an NPC.
- Fixed NPC Type 1 that didn’t work properly in certain cases.
- Fixed NPC Type 3, whose second choice’s reward was broken.
- Fixed default zoom level.
- Fixed wrong UI ratio in certain cases.
- Fixed Editor active zone not large enough.
- Fixed Items on the move in Inventory, that stayed highlighted green after being moved to another slot.
- Fixed clicking 2 times to open the Inventory.
- Fixed the Inventory keyboard shortcut “I”, not working.
Paper Dungeons [1.21] High Def’ patchAs you probably noticed, we recently ported Paper Dungeons on mobiles (available for Android at the moment).
The game gained some improvements that benefit the Desktop edition too, so here’s the according patch:
- Game balance has been more precisely adjusted.
- All game sprites got a HD makeover, which adds 2 zoom levels to get closer to the action.
- Many parts of the game were optimized and run faster
- We launched a 64bit version available on Steam.
And finally we’re introducing a Cloud save, which allows you to upload your saved game on our server and load it back on any device or game version!
- Monsters are slightly tougher in all modes, except Puzzle.
- Modified the round calculation of bonus/malus so they kick in right away. As a result, dice and basic weapons are more meaningful at the start of the game.
- Classic difficulty (all game modes, except Puzzle): Added a -10% malus on level 1 and 2 monsters, for an easier start.
- Classic difficulty (all game modes, except Puzzle): Removed the Bonus type benefited from monsters sharing the same type of the boss.
- Reduced cost of Identify and Uncurse.
- Added HD sprites.
- Added 2 more levels of zoom.
- You can now save your profile on our Cloud.
- You can now load your profile back from our Cloud to any device or game version.
- New game camera adapts the game ratio independently of your resolution.
- Reduced the loading time on Restart game and Load point.
- Reduced the memory footprint of the game in general.
- Added a 64 bit version for MAC & PC.
- Click on your profile name to bring out the Cloud menu.
- Added confirmation menu when you try to reset your profile.
- Items are no longer distorted when they are moved in the Inventory.
- Added color for items moved in the inventory.
- Fixed error on Identify or Uncurse without any item selected.
- Fixed various game optimizations.
- Fixed various minor fixes.
Till the next patch, happy gaming and thanks for your support!
Paper Dungeons [1.20] Boardgame & NPC OverhaulHello everyone! This patch, we focused on revamping the Boardgame mode, allowing you to keep your loot and personalize your characters. Yes! In addition to the dice you unlocked, you can now also keep all your equipment as you progress in the game. Each character class now benefits from a permanent inventory! To match these big structural changes, the game balance has been tweaked with a reduced drop rate and a slightly raised difficulty. Our latest storytelling feature has also been improved with 2 new types of NPC. All NPCs now have more options and the possibility to change their look independently. Check it out:
- Each class now keeps its own permanent inventory (pieces of equipment, potions and scrolls) as you progress in the game.
- You can now rename each class and gender independently from the account name.
- Item drop rate has been halved by 2.
- The built in statistic boost for high rank monsters has been slightly raised.
- Void mode difficulty has been raised.
- All tier pieces of equipment must now be unlocked independently.
- The Loot table only contains Common items at the beginning of the game. [*]Reaching Boardgame mode’s second zone (Tropical zone, Dungeon 31+) unlocks the Uncommon loot table.
- Reaching Boardgame mode’s third zone (Desert tone, Dungeon 62+) unlocks the Rare loot table.
- In Void difficulty, you start anew with an empty Character inventory.
- In Void difficulty, pieces of equipment that you unlocked in Classic difficulty must be unlocked again.
- When you unlock a piece of equipment, this specific item will be available in all Shops from Boardgame, Rogue and Campaign modes.
- New Items found via Map Editor, User Campaigns or Online mode will not be considered as unlocked.
- Cursed items cannot drop your stats under zero.
- NPC Type 4: The Idol. Provides items in exchange of Piety points.
- NPC Type 5: The Werewolf. Can turn aggressive and transform into an active monster. - In Boardgame and Puzzle modes, the level and the type of the monster automatically adapts to your current zone. - In Campaign mode, the monster can be chosen between levels 1 to 100, and picked amongst the monsters of any zone. - If the level of an aggressive NPC Type 5 is equal or higher than the dungeon’s Boss, it will become a Boss.
- New trap: the Fire trap. This trap is invisible and creates a permanent Firewall when walked over.
- The 5 NPC types can now assume all looks (classes, monsters and NPCs).
- The 5 NPC types now have 2 lines of dialog and can give items.
- The 5 NPC types can now directly give a negative effect (Curse, Disease, Poison, etc).
- New dialog NPC: The Captain.
- 2nd Campaign: Captain Faranor now shows a correct NPC look during dialogs.
- 2nd Campaign, 1st dungeon: Introduced a Captain NPC on the map.
- New Monster Type: Berserk. It’s a NPC type 5 that has turned into a monster. The Berserk is quite powerful, with basic statistics equivalent to a Dragon.
- Player’s Dice are now displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen, as a reminder of the set currently in use. You can interact with them: hover the mouse on them, they roll. Click on them to pick a new set.
- If you don’t want to see them anymore, choose “Hide Dice Roll” in the settings. [*]Dice cast a shadow when rolling or staying in the board corner.
- Main page: Your current selected character now displays a name. This name can be edited: click on it, type, and validate with “Return”.
- Map Editor: Added the 2 new NPCs and new item Fire trap in the “Draw item” menu.
- Map Editor: To change the NPC look, place the NPC sprite on the board. Once the input panel opens, click on the NPC portrait to select a new look. This change will automatically modify the NPC sprite on the board.
- Boardgame mode: The 1st dungeon now loads correctly when you click on it, instead of loading the latest saved game.
Version 1.193 (HotFix)Again some urgent bugs fixed.
- Rogue mode: Fixed game stuck when loading a new dungeon.
- Boardgame mode: Corrected the Help page.
- Campaign mode: Fixed Help button not working.
Version 1.192 (HotFix)Some new bugs fixed.
- Dialogs: Grammar and syntax corrected into the 2 official campaigns, plus the Boardgame storyline.
- All modes: Fixed negative attack statistics, resulting into healing monsters instead of inflicting a minimum damage.
- Main Menu page: Fixed Codex icon being out of screen on a 1280×800 resolution.
- Campaign mode: Fixed inventory that didn’t reset when starting a new Campaign.
- Campaign mode: Added a missing Teleporter to the 3rd dungeon of the second official campaign.
- Campaign mode: Fixed Chicken and Mana charms showing wrong statistics.
- Campaign Select page: Fixed the Online Levels loading page not showing properly.
- Dice page: Fixed Dice rewards locations still indicating “Adventure” instead of “Boardgame”.
- Map Editor mode: Fixed game that was stuck when clicking on the Help button.
Version 1.191 (HotFix)Had to fix a bunch of bugs, mostly due to the introduction on the Campaign mode. To credit the Official campaign, you will have to restart it from the beginning.
New Feature: CAMPAIGNAll game modes: The Loadpoint keyboard shortcut (F6 by default) now acts as a failsafe. Even if the game is stuck due to a bug, the game will try to load your savepoint back, or restart the current level if the savepoint doesn’t exist.
- ”Loading…” now appears when the game loads a new page or reloads the dungeon.
- New graphics for the Map Editor button and the Campaign Editor button.
- Inventory: Fixed using a piece of equipment a second time would sometimes stuck the game.
- All modes: Fixed saving the game while attacking the boss at the same time would sometimes result in a saved point without any boss or final teleporter present.
- All modes: Fixed entering in a temple a second time would sometimes stuck the game.
- Campaign mode: Fixed shop and loot drops that were calculated on the wrong tier.
- Campaign mode: Fixed Monsters rank miscalculation.
- Campaign mode: Fixed Fire damages miscalculation.
- Campaign mode: Fixed Official campaign not credited if the game was exited and the campaign resumed later.
- Campaign mode: Fixed “Exit game” button on the Death menu, which should have reset the Campaign.
- Campaign & Rogue modes: Fixed Boss level miscalculation.
- Rogue mode: Fixed Monsters all dropping the Detecting eye item.
Version 1.19Happy New Year 2015! As usual, this is one big patch filled with new features that are storytelling oriented. To satisfy all those who longed for a real Adventure mode, we are happy to present a new promising game mode: Campaign! We noticed the name “Adventure” used for the main game mode mislead many players looking for a classic role-playing game with constant leveling. So we decided to simply rename it “Boardgame”, which reflects more accurately its gameplay. The Boardgame mode now benefits from a storyline with dialogs between the key dungeons levels. The Editor mode also gets an upgrade, with the ability to integrate Non player Characters (NPCs). Demons and dragons are now available as regular monsters. An extensive Codex with game data is now accessible. And a long promised UI Improvement, where all keyboard shortcuts are now rebindables.
New game mode: CAMPAIGNThis new mode allows you to play a fully-fledged adventure with up to 10 dungeons linked together by an introduction, dialogs between dungeons and a conclusion.
- Your hero doesn’t reset and keeps his inventory between dungeons.
- Two official campaigns are already accessible. Each of them unlocks a new type of potion.
- In Campaign mode, the player’s leveling system is two times slower than in the Boardgame or Puzzle modes.
- Introduced a comprehensive Campaign editor to create your own campaign: - First you need to create up to ten dungeons in the regular Editor mode. - In the Campaign Editor, place your dungeons, write a story and insert transitions.
- User’s campaigns can be published online and be accessible to all Paper Dungeons’ players.
- Implemented an easy multi-line input method to write your own story and dialogs.
New items: Non Player Characters available in all game modes.
- NPC Type 1: The Faerie. Provides information, game items and identified loots.
- NPC Type 2: The Reaper. Provides information, game items and unidentified loots.
- NPC Type 3: Grandpa. Provides information, grants access for money.
- 2 new potions will be available on the loot table after completing the 2 official campaigns.
- Codex: Game encyclopedia listing all monsters by zone and type, monsters’ dice, player’s dice, pieces of equipment, scrolls, potions, benedictions and classes.
- Boardgame, Campaign and Rogue modes: monsters that share the same type as the Dungeon boss get a little benefit from its Crown power (+10% to their statistics). This should bring more parity on which enemy is the toughest in the various dungeons.
- All game modes: Demon and Dragon bosses now overflow a single tile instead of occupying 4 tiles. This change allows them to be randomly placed and to chase the player on sight.
- Editor: Added 3 NPCs, Demons and Dragons. Any level where a Demon or a Dragon is the higher level monster will be treated as a Boss level, where monsters are always on alert.
- All keyboard shortcuts are now rebindable on the launch window.
- Main game mode “Adventure” renamed as “Boardgame”.
- Boardgame mode: Story dialog locations added on the map.
- Renamed some monsters type: “Feral” replaces “Basic”, “Draconic” replaces “Dragon”, “Demonic” replaced “Demon”.
- Editor: The signs now have a multi-line input with cursor.
- Boardgame mode: Help screens at the start of certain dungeons will appear until you have complete this dungeon.
- Puzzle mode: Fixed players moving erratically when using the keyboard arrows to walk on an item.
- Puzzle mode: Fixed player instantly moving when clicking on a wall or a closed door.
- Rogue mode: Fixed game crashing when using the Detecting Eye item.
- Boardgame, Campaign and Rogue modes: Fixed archer and mage that sometimes received damages when attacking a monster from a distance.
- Boardgame, Campaign and Rogue modes: Fixed the wrong statistics on Crude sword Tier 2, 3 and 4.
- Puzzle mode: Fixed the last Dungeon (31) that couldn’t be completed by an archer. Added an NPC Reaper who gives an Attack increase or a Defense increase item.
Version 1.18A bunch of polish added in this patch. We focused on ameliorating the game with a prettier and comprehensive interface, smoother movements in the gameplay and many features to ease up your gaming experience. Players suggestions
- The player’s sprite now follows the selected path instead of teleporting to its destination.
- TAdded a walking animation on the player’s sprite.
- TAdded new camera option to center on the player when he moves.
- Camera movements are now smoother.
- All game modes now benefit of a “save & quit” option, allowing to save, exit the game and come back later to finish a specific level.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: When an Escape power is used in combat the monster now stays damaged. So you can now escape a difficult situation and come back later finish the monster.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: The inventory is now available in fight.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: Only pieces of equipment that are usable by your class are now dropping.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: You can now identify your items at the shop for a reduced price of 30 Gold.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: You can now un-curse your items at the temple for a reduced price of 60 Piety points.
- All modes: You can now cancel a spell requiring a target (Dispel or Ice blast) by clicking again on the spell’s icon or its shortcut, and recover your mana.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: You can now cancel any power requiring a target, by clicking again on the power’s icon or its shortcut.
- Rogue mode: When you kill the boss or the last monster present on the map the next level isn’t loading automatically anymore. A special teleporter appears allowing you to jump into the next level only when you decide.
- Demo version: The rogue mode is now available for testing, up to the first boss, lvl 20+.
- All active buttons have now a bump and color animation on the fly.
- Replaced the game modes buttons by an explicit sticker.
- Added a pictogram to every menu button.
- Added a button “continue” on Puzzle and Adventure map when the save of a level in progress is available.
- Added animations when receiving a reward or completing a game mode.
- Added a little bag icon on the inventory.
- Modified the unknown mark icon on scrolls and potions.
- Modified the cursed mark icon on cursed items detail.
- Modified the thief selection icon on the main menu.
- Adventure & Rogue modes: Added an Identify button in the Shop window and an Uncurse button in the Temple window.
- Rogue mode: Fixed game crash after killing the red dragon, level 80+.
- Rogue mode: Fixed wrong calculation on thief’s poison after the level 30+.
- Fixed Crude Dagger, Crude Staff, Crude Mace and Crude Bow giving negative bonuses.
- Fixed Vanish state no longer present when reloading the level.
- Fixed player sometimes still in fight after using an escape power.
- Fixed can’t buy in shop anymore when entering and buying an item in a shop a second time.
- Fixed some typos in dice explanations and intro movie.
Version 1.17Here we are again! This new patch introduces many deep changes and is all about the game balance. Notably, the 5 classes are now much more distinct from each other and the gap between the different zones has been reduced for a more linear progression. The Rogue mode progression has also been completely rethought for a more comprehensive and realist goal.
- Defense for both Classes and Monsters has been significantly raised up.
- Each class has its own leveling system, plus distinct bonuses when leveling on RPG and ROGUE Mode.
- The raise of spell casting costs between each zone has been greatly reduced. For example, upon entering Zone IV, a Warrior can now cast 2 Ice Blasts and a Mage up to 5.
- Ice Blast damages have been slightly reduced.
- Magical monsters have now a 50% damage resistance against Ice Blast and Fire Blast spells, for a greater tactic variety between monster types.
- Vampiric monsters’ Drain damages have been reduced by 20%.
- Void difficult mode: monsters’ rank bonuses on statistics have been reduced to match the Classic difficulty mode.
New Rogue mode:Rogue mode is now subdivided into 5 difficulty zones: 4 classic zones (Temperate, Jungle, Desert and Volcanic) plus a special Demonic zone with its own tile set. Once your character is level 20, the next dungeon will be a Dragon Nest. Defeating the Elder dragon will lead you to a higher difficulty zone. Your goal is to reach level 100 and vanquish the Demon Lord to complete the Rogue mode. Zone 4 (Volcanic) includes Dragons as normal monsters. Zone 5 (Demonic) includes Dragons and Demons as normal monsters. Each monster is equipped with epic dice sets. The Hall of Fame and rewards now reflect this new Rogue mode progression.
- You can now click on your character to pass a turn, useful to let monsters going back into sleep state or to let an activated monster come to you.
- Adventure & Rogue mode: inside a dungeon level, you can now open the dice selection page, choose 2 new dice sets and come back in game.
- Added tool tips (details of your future statistics) on the Level up bonus selection.
- Added a button to reset scores in the Hall of Fame.
- Fly over buttons with tool tips on the Level up bonus selection.
- Animated button with fireworks on Game Completed message.
- Added an erase score button into the Hall of fame.
- Fixed player game icon not moving properly when receiving damages.
- Fixed, loot erased when the player was moving past this loot.
- Can’t select anymore an item in inventory when another one is currently in use.
- Fixed, gold amount not refreshed when grabbing multiples chest.
- Fixed, player game icon of the wrong sex showing when reloading a level.
- Fixed class change on next rogue level.
- Fixed damages details not updating when attacking a monster at distance.
- Fixed damage details still showing when no fight details option was activated in the option menu.
- Fixed damage modifications miscalculations after a dice roll.
- Fixed some menu like Shop and Temple couldn’t be closed in rogue mode after last patch.
- Fixed wizard eyes uncovered zones still showing on the next Rogue dungeon.
- Crude Staff equipment not working properly.
- Rare Dice number 16,31,40,49,58 and 67 had two die face inverted into their damage die.
- Mana and Life Bonus miscalculated on some equipment.
- Fixed game crash when testing an editor level created without any monsters inside.
Version 1.161 (HotFix)In Adventure mode, the Shop window wouldn’t open when you stepped on the Shop tile. It is now displaying properly.
Version 1.16Our newest big patch is finally out! So sorry for the unplanned delay, it took us longer than expected to tweak everything right. Anyhow, as per Halloween’s custom, we come bearing treats! Here goes:
- New detailed Inventory (paper doll inventory management) now available under your Character sheet: click on the Inventory button (shortcut « I ») to slide it open.
- 50 new pieces of equipement, common, uncommon and rare! Some of them give new abilities, change your attack range or even your damage type… All these equipements have an upgraded version available in the higher game zones.
- Some pieces of equipement can be activated to cast a spell (Left click on their mini icon to cast the spell). To recast the spell, you need to recharge the item by killing 3 monsters.
- Some scrolls give a curse that will lower one of your base statistic (Attack/Defense/Life/Mana). To remove it, you need to visit a temple and buy a Cleansing benediction (40 Piety).
- Rogue mode: An automated name generator is now available at the start of this mode.
Game balance (Adventure & Rogue modes) :
- Reduced the amount of XP required to reach level 2 and level 3 for an easier start.
- For each monster killed, the amount of Gold and Piety is now reduced to 5 (don’t forget « Steal » and « Faith » dice Effects that enable you to earn more Gold and Piety).
- Each killed monster gives a 20% chance to get an unidentified loot. You can identify it by spending 50 gold.
- A potion or scroll that has already been identified once will remain identified if you loot it again in the current level.
- Once you have identified a new piece of equipment, it will be displayed as unlocked in every shop.
- Each piece of equipment looted has 30% chance to be cursed with a negative status. You can uncurse a piece of equipment by spending 100 piety points.
- Any loot (potion, scroll, equipment) can be sold in shops, at 25% of its price.
- If you kill a monster higher than your level, chances of drop are doubled with a higher chance to win a rare item.
- There is now a chance to encounter some monsters equiped with Epic dice on every level. These dangerous monsters always drop a loot once killed.
- Higher rank monsters now have a greater statistic boost and even greater on Void difficulty mode (adapting your dice sets and equipment is ).
- On the main menu page, the gender selection icons have been replaced by a mini portrait (emoticon) of the differents characters.
- Character sheet: if cursed, a new mini status icon will be displayed, with tooltips on the fly.
- Added animation on your character when receiving damage.
Fixed bugs :
- Adventure mode: it is now possible to progress past level 31. // Couldn’t progress on map after the level 31.
- Adventure & Rogue mode: game was stuck in some rare cases, when crossing the path of an awaken monster.
- Adventure & Rogue mode: wrong calculations from some monsters dice effects.
- Rogue mode: Boss didn’t show in some Rogue levels.
- Rogue mode: game was stuck when attacking a poisonous Boss, after reaching lvl 20.
- Rogue mode: game was stuck after using the Archer’s Detect Hidden ability.
- Rogue mode: Wrong calculations on some statistics after a level up.
- Rogue mode: the uncovered zone revealed by the Wizard’s Eye effect would still show uncovered in the next level.
- And many other smaller bugs.
Version 1.151 (Hotfix)Modified monster placement algorithm in Adventure and Rogue modes:
Version 1.15Biggest change you’ll notice right away are the 3 Class specific powers. They are available from the start, while the Dice power slot now starts empty (till you roll one with a die). Combat calculations details and combat modifiers are now displayed under the Dicebar and on the Character sheet. We’ve also added many tooltips on the fly to UI elements (in game, on the Character sheet, in Editor mode…), visual effects, and of course fixed many bugs. Thanks for the feedbacks, keep them coming!
- Only monsters from your level (or 1 lvl higher) will be near the starting zone and easier to find.
- High level monsters will never be near the starting area (ie 2+ levels higher than your character).
- 3 Class specific power slots are now available from the start (Utility, Escape, Action power). Once used, these powers are down to 0%. You need to kill monsters to replenish them.
- Dice power slot now starts empty (instead of giving a random dice power available from the start).
- Rogue mode: dungeon 1 will no longer display Disease mobs (Undead) or traps (Divine trap).
- Added combat calculation details under the dice bar.
- New button in menu: « Show fight details » toggles combat calculations.
- Character sheet: during combat, statistics modifications (+10% attack etc) are now also displayed.
- Character sheet: bonuses, maluses and calculations results now have distinct colors.
- Added tooltips on the fly on Editor UI elements.
- Added tooltips on the fly on In game UI elements.
- Added tooltips on the fly on In game dice sets details.
- Added visual effects on cursor when an active spell/power requires a target. Note: When such spell is activated and shows a visual effect, you don’t loose it until you meet the requirements.
- New button in menu: « Show cursor effect » toggles visual effects.
- Added a negative status (flame icon) on the Character portrait when you take burn damages from Wall of Fire or Dragon Breath.
- When registering a new account: « Continue » button is now showed by default instead of « New game » which means you won’t loose your previous game progression.
- Rogue mode: « Enter » key can be used to validate the name of the character.
- Editor mode: « Enter » key can be used to validate the info panel.
- Shops and Temples: you can now click on the text field as well as the icon to buy an Item or a Benediction.
- Added Cleansing benediction on the Deity selection.
- Added tooltips on the fly on Deity selection.
- New shortcuts: (7)Utility power, (8)Escape power, (9)Action power.
- Puzzle mode: dungeon 19 can now be finished with Thief.
- Rogue mode: Killing the final Boss would sometimes not credit the level. Implemented a work around security: if killing the Boss doesn’t trigger the level, killing all mobs on the map triggers next level.
- Vampire monsters will no longer self heal when engaged in an out of reach combat.
- Dicebar no longer stays visible after a combat ends.
- Clicking on a Wall of Fire during Combat mode no longer moves your character into the fire.
- Cancelling Dispel or IceBlast now properly removes the mini visual effect (flame) on the character sheet.
- Extra keys will now be correctly displayed when loading a Save point in Adventure/Puzzle mode or when loading to the next level in Rogue mode.
- Flame effects will now show correctly when loading a Save point in Adventure/Puzzle mode or when loading the next level in Rogue mode.
- Wizard Eye uncovered zones now show correctly when loading a Save point in Adventure/Puzzle mode or when loading the next level in Rogue mode.
- Both Priest’s after combat heals (Idun’s Grace benediction and Holy Cross equipment) now trigger correctly after killing a monster with IceBlast.
Version 1.142 (Hotfix)Fixed bugs in Adventure & Rogue modes:
- Clicking one tile ahead of a monster with the hunt status active (eye), resulted in a combat phase where this monster was one shot (without your character taking any damages).
- Moving past a monster with the hunt status active (eye) would sometimes block the game.
Version 1.141 (Hotfix)
- - Added a button to return to the map after a victory in Adventure or Puzzle mode.
- - Adventure level 108: Added a monster to ease up a bit the level.
Bugs Fixed:- Adventure level 109: a teleport wasn’t working. - The next reward indicator on Adventure and Puzzle maps wasn’t accurate in some cases. - Profile logging out after a game relaunch, and over writing your recent game progression.
Version 1.14Phew, that’s one big patch for you guys! We listened to your suggestions, watched the reviews on videos, and came up with notable changes that should improve your gaming experience (lower level requirements to unlock game modes and classes, etc…), spice up your game play (70% of the dice sets have been modified and become more specialized to offer more tactical options, etc…) and feel more user’s friendly (you can now easily transfer your game progression from one computer to another, etc…). We hope you enjoy! Again, thanks for you feedbacks!
- Lowered the level requirements to unlock game modes: Puzzle mode (Adventure 3), Rogue mode (Adventure 4).
- Lowered the level requirements to unlock new classes: Thief (Puzzle 16), Archer (Adventure 16), Priest (Adventure 31), Mage (Adventure 47.
- Modified 70% of the dice sets to be more specialized and offer more strategic choices.
- Dice sets can now be switched in the middle of a fight.
- Some dice powers can now be cast in fight, with an effectiveness reduced to 20%: Regenerate, Power shot, Divine light, Fire blast, Backstab.
- New game option : « Hide dice roll ». The dice roll animation is removed, for a faster gameplay.
- New game option : « Click to dismiss the dicebar ». The dicebar stays on screen until you click on it, so you can appreciate the end fight result at your own pace.
- Removed the email requirement to register a new account (this field was obsolete).
- Changed the account save system to be on a text file (.txt) instead of in the registry. It is now easier to transfer your game’s progression from one computer to another one. See FAQ for details.
- Dice are now classified by rarity on the dice select page.
- The background image on the main menu has been modified to avoid bars showing on screen formats other than 16:9.
- New shortcuts: TAB: Switch dice set. F4: Cast your power spell.
- Added scrollbar on the map screen for a faster scrolling option.
- Added visual indications for the Priest’s heal after fight abilities.
- Online Levels mode : « NEW SEARCH » option is now accessible in the game menu.
- Map stuck after completing Adventure mode levels 41 and 51.
- Sound reset on loading Savepoint.
Version 1.133 (Hotfix)Fixed :
- Puzzle and Rogue modes bug: In some rare cases, killing the boss didn’t give credit (win the level and unlock the next one).
- Rogue mode bug: - Disease indicator not showing. - When exiting the game, game progression didn’t save and the dungeon’s count was messed up. - Characters level 21 and above received low XP rewards. - When leveling to level 21, the Thief class stayed stuck on the choose a bonus screen. - Thief’s 2nd Kali’s Benediction (Darkness Call) had its mini-icon missing. - Game stuck after receiving dice reward.
- Adventure and Rogue modes bug: - Game menu could be activated during combat. - Dice combat UI showed wrongly sized Life bars, due to negative values.
- All: - After reloading a game, tooltips for benedictions and shop items were missing. - After reloading a game, maxed out (20) Chicken legs or Mana charms weren’t working anymore - UI elements not always visible in 4×3 resolutions (under or equal to 1024×768).
- Linux: Local non US systems froze the game on Adventure launch.
Version 1.132 (Hotfix)
- Puzzle mode bug: The latest 1.131 version introduced a change in the game balance, allowing higher ranked monsters to get a boost in their statistics. This modification was only intended for the Adventure and Rogue modes, but it was implemented in the Puzzle mode by mistake. Due to this error, some Puzzle levels couldn’t be finished, like the lvl 19.
- Adventure and Rogue bug: Both modes were harder than intended, due to a miscalculation that didn’t assign enough attack points when your character leveled up. Please note that the game is still supposed to be tough and still relays on luck in your dice rolls, but it should be fairer now.
Version 1.131 (Hotfix)
- The application now pauses when minimized in the background.
- Minimum damage system: damages below 0 now do a minimum of 10% of the attack.
- Added Tooltips about the player negative statuses : Poison / Disease.
- Monsters no longer throw their dice when they are out of range and under attack from a ranged class (archer, mage).
- Added 1 slide on the lvl1 Adventure tutorial.
- Game Introduction implemented (Adventure mode).
- UI portraits with different expressions for your hero, depending on his state.
- Added Tool tips at the beginning of levels that present new game elements.
- Paper doll with stats for the fallen heroes in the Hall of Fame.
- Antidote/Vaccine/Divine Light powers can now be cast in advance and won’t be replaced when you roll a new power.
- Cast spells can now be deselected.
- The Ice Blast spell can now extinguish Walls of Fire.
- Bigger mana pool for the Mage and the Priest.
- Adventure Mode : monsters 1 rank above the actual zone now receive a +5% bonus to all stats. The ones 2 ranks above receive a +10% bonus. This bonus is at +10%/+20% in Void.
- Rogue Mode : the rank bonus is reduced at 1%/rank and 2%/rank in Void.
- New casting cost for spells in Zone 2, 3 and 4.
- New music for the Boss levels.
- Button back to the Editor.
- Many bugs fixed: Rogue mode stuck on Choose Bonus, Tool tip fixed, Defense calculation in Adventure mode fixed, Status color disappearing, Wrong damages indicated, Boss disappearing in Rogue mode, No victory when using Ice blast on boss, etc..)
Version 1.12 (Hotfix)
- Minor bug: Healing dice power no longer crash the game in Rogue mode.
- Icon maxed out on Chicken and Mana charms. Any item over 20 is now used on spot.
- Added info: unlock requirement showed for each die, in the dice selection age.
- Added info: class specific dice (even if not unlocked yet) can now be checked.
- UI infos over portrait displayed longer.
- Added Tutorial on lvl1 Puzzle.
- Main menu page displayed in HD.
- Levels no longer unlock without beating the boss.
- Thief and other classes now unlock correctly.
- Reward now given in Adventure mode, dungeon 108.
- Added Tool tips on the main menu page.
- Display next reward requirement on the map page.
- Added Tutorial on lvl1 Adventure mode and Rogue mode. Puzzle WIP.
- Name your character on Rogue mode.
- Improved UI on the Dice page.
- Improved UI on the combat dicebar in Adventure and Rogue mode.
- Fixed bugs.
- Boss lvl31 in Puzzle mode.
- Win32 compatibility.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Boardgame visualisation mode.
- Improved UI.
- 5 Classes playable (Warrior/Archer/Priest/Mage/Thief)
- 3 Game modes ( ADVENTURE/PUZZLE/ROGUE).
- 72 dice sets to collect.
- 125 Levels in Adventure Mode.
- 30 Levels in Puzzle Mode.
- 5 Special boss levels.
- VOID difficulty with new monsters colors and rewards.
- Fixed bugs.