Paper Dungeons Puzzle Dungeon CrawlingPaper Dungeons is a 2D Puzzle RPG, boosted by online content. With the ability to create and share online your own levels, you are up for an infinite replay value. The game is visualized as a classic tabletop board game structured like a dungeon crawling game with a puzzle component. You can destroy walls and auto-heal as you uncover new dungeon tiles, with 3 different and originals gameplays: ADVENTURE, PUZZLE and ROGUE. The game will be multiplatform for Mac, PC and Linux. Even if the game presents some online features, you can still play offline. High resolution support with native 1080p graphics.
I’ve always wanted to create a never ending dungeon crawling game.For example, I loved Dungeon Master when I was young, but what I preferred by far was Captive and its procedural levels, where, after you beat the game, you could still fly to another planet and continue on a new adventure, and so on. The problem with these procedurals levels is that they can quickly become too repetitive and boring. But what if you had at your disposal a really intuitive level editor to create and tell your own story? What if you also had instant access to all the dungeons created by other people on Earth? On a classic pen and paper role playing game, I personally always enjoyed this moment when I had to quickly draw some dungeon rooms and throw in my players to challenge them with some new traps and monsters.Paper Dungeons was born from this basic idea: a simple dungeon level, drawn on screen, and strong tactical rules where you have to beat the higher monster to win the challenge. Monsters hit hard, but you get some heals each time you uncover a new tile. If you need direct access to new parts of the dungeon, you can even destroy walls but at great life cost. Fortunately, you can ease your journey with some items, spells and bonuses dispatched around the map. Don’t forget to seek protection from a Deity, or to visit the store to equip your character. Monsters are all neutral and will only advance towards you if you engage them in a fight.ADVENTURE GAMEThe unexplored parts of the dungeons are hidden. Monsters and Items are placed at random and combats results are based on your statistics and dice rolls. An awareness system move the monsters towards you if you are close to them. You have to strategize your moves and you can still dig up the walls to get out of sight of an awaken monster. You can also distribute your attribute points when you level up. The damages are mitigated by 2d6 dice (1 for damages and 1 for effects). You will be able to unlock different sets of dice (common/ uncommon/ rare & epic) and monsters will use them too. PUZZLE GAME Hard-core campaign levels with no place for luck. You see in advance what awaits you and have to strategize all your moves. The monsters are here statics and don’t move towards you. ROGUE GAME An advanced RPG mode where your character doesn’t reset at each dungeon and you keep leveling up until you meet your demise. You will travel on a big map with 4 different regions with specific bosses and monsters.THE ONLINE LEVELSThese levels are created, rated and commented by the Paper Dungeons players’ community. At the beginning of the game, if you choose the Online levels option, you can browse all games posted on our server. You can filter them by rate, note, name, size or by several meaningful tags chosen by other players (RUBBISH, EASY, DIFFICULT, FUN, ARTSY, IMPOSSIBLE, MUST DO, etc…). Every time you’ve achieved an online level, the game will ask if you want to rate it, tag it or leave a comment, progressively contributing to sort these levels for the benefit of the community. Thank you.
- * 5 classes of character, male and female, with a unique gameplay – Different attack range / deities / damage type / power spells. (Warrior/Archer/Cleric/Mage/Thief).
- * 2 Visualization modes: Paper Style for high readability, and Board Style more aesthetic with nice colored tiles.
- * Collect dozens of different set of dices to ameliorate your characters.
- * A total of 84 different monsters! 6 base types (Basic / Elemental / Vampiric / Magical / Poisonous / Undead). Plus special hidden monsters (4 Mimic chests / 4 Acido-cubes) and the bosses (3 Dragons and the ultimate boss the Demon paper).
- * 3 sizes of dungeon (Small 14×10, Medium 24×20, Large 34×30) and 5 designs in paper style visualization, 2 different sets of tiles by zone in board style visualization.
- * 4 different starting regions:
- - Temperate lvl 1-20
- - Tropical lvl 21-40
- - Desert lvl 41-60
- - Volcanic lvl 61-80
- - Plus a special difficulty, The Void, much harder with new rewards and alternate color for the previous 84 monsters.
- * 8 special tiles: Walls (Hard walls – Wall of fire – Water), Floors (Combo door/key – Combo Teleporter / Divine ward / Magical Ward / Natural trap).
- * 3 zoom levels.
- * 125 levels in the campaign
- * An Editor mode, to create and share your levels online.
- * An Online Levels mode, to rate and play in any of the 3 Game modes with users’ created content. With a selected level, or within your list of 10 favorites levels or even directly with random online levels.
about us like us
Who we areWe are a two members team fresh Startup Studio. Our main vision is to create fun an original games. We are dedicated gamers ourselves so the gameplay is always put at first.
Stephane Valverde :French programmer living in Laos since 2008. An avid Roleplayer and Gamer, I started programming since I was 15 years old (1984!) on my old Amstrad CPC464, yup the one with the tape recorder and the green screen… The passion never left, so I decided to create my own indie game compagny : Agent MEGA. Going commercial this year 2012.
Leslie Inthavong:Graphic artist more specialized with classic pen & paper projects. Paper Dungeon is my first venture into digital world. Most graphics of this first project are vector based, drawn on Illustrator using my brand new graphic tablet
Meet our fantastic team
Stephane Valverde Programmer
Leslie Inthavong Graphic Designer
- Minor bug: Healing dice power no longer crash the game in Rogue mode.
- Icon maxed out on Chicken and Mana charms. Any item over 20 is now used on spot.
- Added info: unlock requirement showed for each die, in the dice selection age.
- Added info: Class specific dice (even if not unlocked yet) can now be checked.
- UI infos over portrait displayed longer.
- Added Tutorial on lvl1 Puzzle.
- Main menu page displayed in HD.
- Levels no longer unlock without beating the boss.
- Thief and other classes now unlock correctly.
- Reward now given in Adventure mode, dungeon 108.
- Added Tool Tips on the main menu page.
- Display next reward requirement on the map page.
- Added Tutorial on lvl1 Adventure mode and Rogue mode. Puzzle WIP.
- Name your character on Rogue mode.
- Improved UI on the Dice page.
- Improved UI on the combat dicebar in Adventure and Rogue mode.
- Fixed bugs.
- Boss lvl31 in Puzzle mode.
- Win32 compatibility.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Boardgame visualisation mode.
- Improved UI.
- 5 Classes playable (Warrior/Archer/Priest/Mage/Thief)
- 3 Game modes ( ADVENTURE/PUZZLE/ROGUE).
- 72 dice sets to collect.
- 125 Levels in Adventure Mode.
- 30 Levels in Puzzle Mode.
- 5 Special boss levels.
- VOID difficulty with new monsters colors and rewards.
- Fixed bugs.